Indicorps Communications Internship
The Indicorps Internship Program allows individuals to spend 3-6 months at the Indicorps office in Ahmedabad on a variety of individualized projects tailored to meet Indicorps’ needs, intern interests and strengths. The Internship allows individuals who are passionate about India to work directly with Indicorps staff to support the Fellowship program and local projects. Internships are available to anyone unable to make a one-year commitment. In the past, we have had interns in high school and interns with graduate degrees (including a PhD) join us.
Currently, we’re looking for a Communications Intern. Interested in honing your communications skills, learning about the inner-workings of an NGO and being a part of the Indicorps Team?
To apply, please send your Statement of Purpose and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Create an overarching long term strategy for Indicorps social media outreach.
- Engage staff to build and maintain an overall communications strategy.
- Create calendar (academic and socio-cultural) for potential outreach events, especially in the US, UK and India.
- Maintain existing media contacts and create new media contacts for publishing Indicorps Fellows’ public columns, reviews and Green Papers.
- Represent Indicorps to media channels and establish relationships.
- Create outreach materials such as fliers and visiting cards.
- Organize creative outreach events throughout India.
- Facilitate staff training on social media tools.
- Compile and organize all existing Indicorps outreach contacts.
- Organize Indicorps photo library.
- Edit Fellows’ public columns, reviews and Green Papers.
- Be open to interesting, non-Communication related projects!
Candidates should possess
- Understanding of Indicorps’ philosophy of service.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to clearly present findings and translate them into recommendations.
- Motivation, initiative, and the ability to work in a fast paced, forward moving environment.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office products. Willing to experiment and learn new software and communication tools.
- Proven record of dependability.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
This is an unpaid internship. Accomodation will be provided for the intern.