Get out of the cube (even if only for a few months) . . . And help change India!
Indicorps invites YOU, a young Indian professional, to commit your time and skills to India! Young Professionals Initiative (YPI), a new sabbatical program at Indicorps, allows you to meaningfully bring your knowledge and talents to your land of heritage. This pilot program of YPI gives you an opportunity to participate in short-term, goal-oriented service projects that can have an enormous impact.
The projects include:
• Legal: Amend Gujarat court processes to reduce sizeable backlog of cases
• Finance: Assist a socially responsible start-up to create robust franchise systems and strong local entrepreneurs
• Information Technology: Integrate information systems for bottom of the pyramid start-up business
• Marketing: Capture stories to generate interest in Ahmedabad’s unique 600-year heritage
• Environmental Planning: Reinvigorate urban environmental policies for walled-city of Ahmedabad
• Education: Formulate innovative public-private partnerships to increase the adult literacy rate
• Education Policy: Strategize comprehensive action plan for statewide vocational programs
YPI hopes to empower young professionals to understand that their potential extends beyond ‘traditional’ jobs. As with all Indicorps programs, YPI Associates will be constantly challenged and encourage to explore their roles as changemakers.
The program begins with a week-long orientation and includes a mid-point and close-out workshop to track progress and share experiences. Successful candidates for YPI will have at least three years of work experience in a capacity relevant to their applicable project.
YPI Term: 1 July to 1 December 2009
For more information and to apply, please visit us online at: www.indicorps.org/ypi. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis (preference will be given to applications before 1 May 2009) until the start date.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Warm regards in service,
The Indicorps Team
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” — Mark Twain